Delivering nutrients directly to the bloodstream via IV is one of the most efficient ways of correcting the essential vitamin and mineral intracellular deficits, as it bypasses any barriers in our digestive system that would block direct absorption. Many of our IV’s are formulated to help with hydration, burn fat, increase energy, replenish essential nutrients, metabolism boosting, muscle recovery, enhance athletic performance, pain, improve mood, mental clarity, anti-aging, reduce tissue inflammation, shorten the recovery time after the exercise, ease hangover headache, nausea, enhance hair, skin, and nails.
IV nutrition therapy can support:
- Immune deficiency
- Food sensitivities
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
What are the Components of an IV Micronutrient Infusion?
There is variety of substances that may be in standard IV micronutrient infusion. Typically, the IV micronutrient infusion components are tailored to the reason for its use. Some illnesses or medical conditions may need a specific combination of IV vitamins and micronutrients. Additionally, the components of an IV vitamin bag may also be designed based on the needs of the individual receiving the infusion. Additionally, individuals may tolerate some components more than others or be intolerant to certain ingredients.
Normally, certain substances may be found in a typical IV vitamin infusion bag which consist of the following:
- Vitamin C – Studies have been performed that indicate several of the benefits of intravenous vitamin C. In the critically ill, vitamin C administered intravenously may help in the management of sepsis; it may also be of use in managing certain kinds of cancer. For individuals in good health, intravenous vitamins may serve to boost immunity and increase energy levels.
- Vitamin B complex – Several vitamins make up the B complex group of vitamins. Some of these vitamins are Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (Dexpanthenol), and Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). These vitamins play essential functions in the processes that place in the human body.
- Vitamin B12 and Folate – They have many purposes in the human body but, they primary function in the production of red blood cells. When you are deficient, it can cause your cells to be too big causing an anemia (macrocytic megaloblastic anemia).
- Calcium – Calcium is necessary for the development of strong and healthy bones. People who are lacking in calcium in their body may end up with a condition known as osteoporosis.
- Glutathione – This is an antioxidant that facilitates many key processes in the body, but it especially helps with detox.
There are many more vitamins and micronutrients that may be included in an intravenous micronutrient therapy infusion. For the most part, anyone can receive an IV vitamin infusion. Most of the nutrients are generally well-tolerated, and the chances of adverse effects, although present, are usually mild.
For the conference Starting the Year Off Right at Glory of Zion, we are having special prices and IVs. We are giving our subscribers and patients first dibs on appointments for January 1, 2022! Call us or text us at 940-783-5761 to schedule your appointment for an IV.
Jennifer Foxworth, APRN, FNP-C